Change the face of the Bay Area tech industry.
We founded Kickstart Coding in 2018 with one goal: Make coding accessible to everyone. We believe that financial, structural, and geographic barriers shape the demographics of the tech industry, adding artificial barriers and hurdles to an already difficult-to-learn skill. We believe coding that should be accessible and useful to everyone. While we may have just started, we believe we are making great strides to this goal already.
Worker Owned Co-op
At Kickstart Coding, we care about providing the best education, and the best education is provided by devoted instructional staff and fair and equitable management practices. To that end, we provide all instructional staff with big perk: A path toward ownership. Chat with us to learn more about this and the concept of worker-ownership.
Help us reach more in the Bay Area with affordable coding classes!
We presently are looking for part-time, temp contract work for the following positions.
Academic Success Manager - Oakland
Kickstart Coding is seeking an organized, communicative admissions and event coordinator on a contract basis.
You will be guiding our student's success through our academic program, starting with initial exposure through public events and guiding them through the enrollment process.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and conducting applicant interviews to determine their fit for our course
- Following up on application inquiries
- Effectively and enthusiastically sharing our course offerings and company educational values
- Regularly communicating with other Kickstart Coding staff about the status of the application process for applicants
- Assisting with hosting events including but not limited to workshops, info sessions, and Hack & Learn Meetups (https://www.meetup.com/hack-and-learn/)
- Effectively communicating with admitted students
Who we’re looking for can:
- Conduct interview and informational conversations with ease, enthusiasm, and respect
- Conduct excellent customer service
- Be somewhat flexible with scheduling to accommodate for efficiently moving through an application process
- Appreciate and communicate Kickstart Coding’s company and community values
- Help with setting-up and administrating info sessions
You might be a great fit for this role if:
- You have taken a coding bootcamp before
- You’ve conducted admissions interviews before
- You have customer service experience
- You have education experience
The events schedule is likely a 3 hour commitment every other week. The admissions schedule may range from 2-5 hours per week, depending on how close we are to the admissions deadline (things tend to get busier closer to the deadline). In total, we expect this person to spent between 2 and 10 hours per week on the aforementioned responsibilities.
You will be sharing these responsibilities with one or more people. This means if you feel you'd be a good fit for some of these roles but not all, still apply!
Teaching Assistant - Oakland
- Part-time (~4-8 hrs / week)
- 2 or 4 month
- On-site at our coworking location in Uptown Oakland
- Work with others to help administer class part-time.
- Help students with assignments. Grade student's assignments and give feedback.
- Prior experience teaching, tutoring, mentoring, or as a TA at coding bootcamps
- Experience with Python, ES6, React, Bash, SQL, HTML/CSS